Another launch has brought with it another huge amount of reviews and articles. So far we've looked at the Galaxy, MSI and Palit offerings of the model in standalone review form. We've also looked at the MSI card when overclocked to a massive 950MHz core and we've just finished looking at the Galaxy version in SLI, too.
If that wasn't enough for you, it's time to see what happens when we check out the Galaxy cards in SLI, when overclocked. SLI of this mid range card is going to become a popular option, because as people expand into multiple monitor setups and SLI becomes a requirement for that, buying two mid range cards like the GTS 450 or GTX 460 is a more feasible and attractive option than buying two much more expensive GTX 470s or GTX 480s.
Since we've already looked at the Galaxy offering in a lot more detail, I recommend that if you haven't yet, to check out the stand alone review of it here if you want to know what's going on with the bundle. Let's not delay any longer and check out what happen with our overclock.
Galaxy already started with a high 888MHz core clock and 4000MHz QDR clock, and since we got only 950MHz out of the MSI card when it was sitting by its lonesome, we didn't expect to get too high since we figure the extra heat of having two cards would impact our overclock slightly.
What we ended up with was pushing the core to 920MHz; that in turn bumped the Shader to 1840MHz and the 1GB of GDDR5 went from an already nicely overclocked 4000MHz QDR to 4300MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.