Another launch has brought with it another huge amount of reviews and articles. So far we've looked at the Galaxy, MSI and Palit offerings of the model in standalone review form. We've also looked at the MSI card when overclocked to a massive 950MHz core and we've just finished looking at the Galaxy version in SLI, too.
If that wasn't enough for you, it's time to see what happens when we check out the Galaxy cards in SLI, when overclocked. SLI of this mid range card is going to become a popular option, because as people expand into multiple monitor setups and SLI becomes a requirement for that, buying two mid range cards like the GTS 450 or GTX 460 is a more feasible and attractive option than buying two much more expensive GTX 470s or GTX 480s.
Since we've already looked at the Galaxy offering in a lot more detail, I recommend that if you haven't yet, to check out the stand alone review of it here if you want to know what's going on with the bundle. Let's not delay any longer and check out what happen with our overclock.
Galaxy already started with a high 888MHz core clock and 4000MHz QDR clock, and since we got only 950MHz out of the MSI card when it was sitting by its lonesome, we didn't expect to get too high since we figure the extra heat of having two cards would impact our overclock slightly.
What we ended up with was pushing the core to 920MHz; that in turn bumped the Shader to 1840MHz and the 1GB of GDDR5 went from an already nicely overclocked 4000MHz QDR to 4300MHz QDR.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Lenovo promises to be more transparent about pre-installed software
- Setting up RAID 1 on FM2A88M Pro3+
- GIGABYTE X99-Gaming 5 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK PCI-E Slot Confusion
- maximum ram in a GA-H55M-UD2H
- plugging a peripheral into front panel USB 2.0 killed the peripheral? and suspends the computer?
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse