The Lenovo (Toshiba OEM) THNS128GG4BAAA
Here we see the 1.8 inch form factor Lenovo drive in its 2.5" adapter. All of the labeling is on the front of the drive and it fits snugly in the adapter.
The back of the drive shows the rest of the mounting system used by the adapter.
The SATA power and data connectors are kept within SATA specifications in the adapter. The adapter was designed to keep these in place so there wouldn't be an issue installing the 1.8" form factor drive into a standard notebook.
On one end the locking arm can be released and the smaller drive slid out from the adapter.
Here we see the three pieces of the drive when separated. Just like the Kingston drive we tested several months ago, Toshiba has once again used thermal transfer material to keep the internals cool.
All of the chips are located on one side of the drive. The drive uses eight NAND flash modules, a single controller and a single cache module.
The back of the drive is free of major components, but does have a few surface mount parts.
Now let's see how it performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Lenovo (Toshiba OEM) THNS128GG4BAAA]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club