AMD Rig is built
While the motherboards, CPU and RAM haven't changed for my P55 and X58 testbed, the introduction of the new AMD testbed means there's a few new parts. Thanks to AMD we're running a Phenom II X6 1090T which while I haven't had a huge play with yet, it has shown some nice potential already.
There's no denying that if you want to get into the 6 core market on a budget, the X6 1090T from AMD is a significantly cheaper buy than the Intel i7 980X which is found in the X58 testbed and while it doesn't shine against it in some areas, in an area that matters to most, the wallet, it does an exceptional job.
A new CPU meant a new motherboard and since G.Skill sent us the Flare kit for the system, I thought it was appropriate to ask them what motherboard they thought was best. The ASUS M4A89TD Pro was mentioned straight away and honestly, once up and running you can see why; it really did a stellar job with the G.Skill kit in my review here.
Along with the already mentioned parts, that really rounds out the new AMD testbed, and for now the memory of choice when it's used is the G.Skill Flare kit. While it will probably be the least used testbed out of the lot, it's going to make way for some interesting articles in the near future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Goodbye 2250w, Hello 3600w]
- Page 3 [esS esS Dee Goodness]
- Page 4 [Cases w00h00]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi announces Mi AI Speaker priced at mere $45
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available