AMD Rig is built
While the motherboards, CPU and RAM haven't changed for my P55 and X58 testbed, the introduction of the new AMD testbed means there's a few new parts. Thanks to AMD we're running a Phenom II X6 1090T which while I haven't had a huge play with yet, it has shown some nice potential already.
There's no denying that if you want to get into the 6 core market on a budget, the X6 1090T from AMD is a significantly cheaper buy than the Intel i7 980X which is found in the X58 testbed and while it doesn't shine against it in some areas, in an area that matters to most, the wallet, it does an exceptional job.
A new CPU meant a new motherboard and since G.Skill sent us the Flare kit for the system, I thought it was appropriate to ask them what motherboard they thought was best. The ASUS M4A89TD Pro was mentioned straight away and honestly, once up and running you can see why; it really did a stellar job with the G.Skill kit in my review here.
Along with the already mentioned parts, that really rounds out the new AMD testbed, and for now the memory of choice when it's used is the G.Skill Flare kit. While it will probably be the least used testbed out of the lot, it's going to make way for some interesting articles in the near future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Goodbye 2250w, Hello 3600w]
- Page 3 [esS esS Dee Goodness]
- Page 4 [Cases w00h00]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Apple Music API means endless integration possibilities
- Windows 10 now blocks Google searches from Cortana
- John Romero pauses Blackroom Kickstarter to finish gameplay demo
- BioWare sets up a goose cam, starts naming the geese Dragon Age names
- Learn How to Build 14 Android Apps for $17
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched