AMD Rig is built
While the motherboards, CPU and RAM haven't changed for my P55 and X58 testbed, the introduction of the new AMD testbed means there's a few new parts. Thanks to AMD we're running a Phenom II X6 1090T which while I haven't had a huge play with yet, it has shown some nice potential already.
There's no denying that if you want to get into the 6 core market on a budget, the X6 1090T from AMD is a significantly cheaper buy than the Intel i7 980X which is found in the X58 testbed and while it doesn't shine against it in some areas, in an area that matters to most, the wallet, it does an exceptional job.
A new CPU meant a new motherboard and since G.Skill sent us the Flare kit for the system, I thought it was appropriate to ask them what motherboard they thought was best. The ASUS M4A89TD Pro was mentioned straight away and honestly, once up and running you can see why; it really did a stellar job with the G.Skill kit in my review here.
Along with the already mentioned parts, that really rounds out the new AMD testbed, and for now the memory of choice when it's used is the G.Skill Flare kit. While it will probably be the least used testbed out of the lot, it's going to make way for some interesting articles in the near future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Goodbye 2250w, Hello 3600w]
- Page 3 [esS esS Dee Goodness]
- Page 4 [Cases w00h00]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity