Every once in a while I take the time to go over my testbeds and see if anything can be changed to make them better. Earlier this year my main video card testbed went from a GIGABYTE X58 and i7 920 setup to an ASRock X58 and i7 980X. At about the same time I started to test more and more memory kits and a ASRock P55 system came into the mix along with an i7 860.
Recently I looked at the G.Skill Flare series kit which was designed to work on AMD X6 systems and thought it was the perfect opportunity to build a third testbed while also taking the time to see if some modifications could be made to the others.
As soon as some new hardware upgrades come into a test system it renders previous results really useless, so I also took the time to look at the benchmark line-up and see if some new games could be added.
Ultimately what you're looking at today is a rundown of the parts I've chosen, why I chose them and a little look behind the scenes of how everything runs here in the West Australian TweakTown lab.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Goodbye 2250w, Hello 3600w]
- Page 3 [esS esS Dee Goodness]
- Page 4 [Cases w00h00]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4