Gamers gathered for QuakeCon 2010 at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas this year.
The main exhibit hall.
Some of the analog hardware id Software was giving away at this year's convention.
ASUS showed off some high-octane rigs at the company's booth.
What better way to accomplish some extreme overclocking than with a little liquid nitrogen?
ASUS brought plenty.
Organizers predicted over 3000 participants in the conference's BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) portion of the event.
One of the more amusing case-mods among the BYOC participants.
Alienware's Hummer H1 was one of the more popular centerpieces of this year's exhibit.
Nice use of three vertically oriented monitors.
A gamer tries out some 3D gaming at the nVidia booth.
More 3D gaming.
Friday's panel on "Building Blockbusters" featured (left to right) Todd Howard of Bethesda, Tim Willits of id Software and Jason West and Vince Zampella of Respawn.
Asked about one of the more compelling gaming moments he had recently experienced, Zampella described whistling for his horse in Red Dead Redemption only to see his trusty steed obliterated by an oncoming train as "jaw-dropping."
See you all at next year's QuakeCon!
Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Trade Shows content at our Trade Shows reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- The drama llama strikes again - massive llama chase in the US unfolds
- Study: Gamers buy PlayStation 4 for graphics, Xbox One for brand
- Kaspersky: 28% of mobile users don't have knowledge of malware attacks
- Official: Cyber doomsday less likely as continued low-level attacks
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- "All core" setting in firmware causes immediate system crash.
- RAID 0 vs RAPID mode with SSDs ?
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse
- Intel Revives the Atom Brand with New Branding Levels
- Thermaltake Announces Riing 12 and 14 LED Radiator Fan Series
- LUXA2 Thermaltake Mobile Launches the New TX-P2 Wireless Charging Power Bank