Total Value Rating
The TVR graph is the TPR score divided by the price of the video card. The price of the video card is based on the list price of the model on Newegg.com. In the event the card isn't listed, it will be based on the U.S. $ MSRP given to us by the manufacturer.
In the event we can't source a price from either, the product will not receive a TVR rating. As with our TPR graph, the amount of video cards on the list will grow over time and the price of the model won't change from what it was when first reviewed. For this reason the U.S. $ price that the card is based off will be included next to the name of the model.
In the event you want to find the TVR rating yourself based on the current price, all you have to do is simply divide the TPR number by the list price.
TVR numbers are rounded to the nearest whole number; 100.3 will be 100; 100.8 will be 101 and 100.5 will be rounded down to 100.
We again see that SLI doesn't mean Value has to go out the window; the performance we're getting for that low $400 price tag is amazing. Really, every card that is above this offers performance that is almost 1/2 of what we're seeing from the SLI setup, because the other setups are all single card ones.
The 768MB version of the GTX 460 continues to be an awesome buy. While we didn't see the same kind of overclock from the model as we did when we ran it in single card form, the clocks we ended up with were still huge, especially when compared to the default 675MHz that NVIDIA offer on reference cards.
While the setup did lag ever so slightly behind the GTX 470 SLI setup, the price on the setup we tested today is in just another realm; you're talking about a setup is that just slightly slower, but hundreds of dollars cheaper.
For the price of the setup today you're not even able to get a single GTX 480. And this setup can't even be compared to a single GTX 480 because it just kills that single card. There's no reason for SLI to be a deterrent either. As far as I'm concerned, NVIDIA has put a lot of time and money into the technology over the years and it shows.
Combine the performance gains of SLI, the fact that we don't get those horribly backwards performance issues that plagued the technology years ago, the price of the setup and the ease of overclocking with programs like Afterburner and this is just a killer setup.
Few configurations are able to outperform the GTX 460 768MB Cyclone SLI Overclocked setup we tested today. Out of those few, none are able to offer this value and value isn't a word I thought we would ever be saying when talking about SLI. There's value here and there's an absolute bucket load of it.
NVIDIA called in back-up when they were pinned down by ATI. That back-up is laying down an ass whopping to the red team in the price sector that matters to both companies.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking the Cards]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 18 [Total Value Rating (TVR) and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.