Results and Final Thoughts
All modded up and ready to go!
So far the pretesting of these cards has been somewhat challenging. They certainly don't want to give up the big clocks easily. All four of the cards individually will do 1250+ on the memory, though the core speed has been anything but straight forward. One of the cards at this point in time will simply not complete a run over 1100, which does not bode well when you consider the extra stress on the setup when we are running everything together.
On the other hand, while Matt's testing of the motherboard and CPUs started off with a few headaches, in the last few days he has been getting a real feel for the board and has both CPUs booting in at 5.3GHz and able to run Vantage at 217 bclocks, which is right where you would want to be in pretesting before we go the whole hog.
I'm getting a real sense of anticipation now and can't wait to get this show on the road and get stuck in giving Matt a hand with his benching. I'll be back in about a week's time with a follow up article on how it all went down.
Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Lenovo promises to be more transparent about pre-installed software
- Setting up RAID 1 on FM2A88M Pro3+
- GIGABYTE X99-Gaming 5 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK PCI-E Slot Confusion
- maximum ram in a GA-H55M-UD2H
- plugging a peripheral into front panel USB 2.0 killed the peripheral? and suspends the computer?
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse