You may have heard stories about these cards running hot and I assure you that it is not far from the truth. And while we will have liquid nitrogen on the core, the VRMs under the loads that we will be using will produce enough heat to warm a small house in winter. These will not only require heatsinks, but also active cooling.
Just for an annoyance, one of the components nestled in and around them sits slightly higher than what we are trying to cool. To counter that, I have drilled out a small section of the heatsink where that component can sit unobstructed while letting the heatsink sit flat.
Double sided thermal tape has been used to secure them in place, but as these cards will be doing some travelling over the coming days, I have used art eraser which is the same kind I have demonstrated before, as a form of insulation to help secure the heatsinks in place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel