You may have heard stories about these cards running hot and I assure you that it is not far from the truth. And while we will have liquid nitrogen on the core, the VRMs under the loads that we will be using will produce enough heat to warm a small house in winter. These will not only require heatsinks, but also active cooling.
Just for an annoyance, one of the components nestled in and around them sits slightly higher than what we are trying to cool. To counter that, I have drilled out a small section of the heatsink where that component can sit unobstructed while letting the heatsink sit flat.
Double sided thermal tape has been used to secure them in place, but as these cards will be doing some travelling over the coming days, I have used art eraser which is the same kind I have demonstrated before, as a form of insulation to help secure the heatsinks in place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now