Before we take a closer look at the different modifications I will be under taking, thanks has to go out to the overclocking community for their helpfulness in testing and sharing their knowledge, which is not something that should be taken for granted.
All the hard mods in this article can be found on XS forums with special thanks to Shamino, Andre, Kinc, hipro5 and NapalmV5 in particular for their involvement in either developing and/or sharing these mods.
In the picture below you can see the mod points for adding additional voltage to both the core and the memory of the GTX 480, along with read points so we can monitor the increase with a digital multimeter.
With the vGPU mod I'll be using a plug that is commonly found on the end of a CPU fan; this gives me the ability to plug the variable resistor in or out as I test, utilizing a hard mod like a variable resistor or software from the different manufacturers without the hard mod interfering in those results.
I will also use a molex connector for my read points as it's a convenient size and shape for the probes connected to the digital mutimeter.
When soldering capacitors onto the graphics card, I prefer to add some solder first and make little "mountains" that I can then blend with the solder I have added to the legs of the capacitors to make a fast and solid connection.
With the end result looking like this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched