It would have been robbing our readership if we didn't do this article today. The bottom line is that the GTX 465 in SLI is not only damn fast, but damn good value. I've said since launch that NVIDIA priced this product right and when you throw overclocking into the mix you see just how right pricing is.
For the value rating to be where it is for an SLI setup is just outstanding. Sure, we ran the fans at 100% and noise was loud, but if you dropped down to 800MHz on the core you could probably slide the fan % down to a more acceptable level for yourself. Throw the cards into a case and hopefully you won't have too much trouble.
The GTX 460 is being praised behind the scenes as a monster overclocker. This is a bit of a worry since the GTX 465 wasn't given the same praise and you can clearly see what it's capable of. We really have to wonder what the potential of the new mid range model due out (very) soon from NVIDIA is capable of.
It's a bit of a pain that you need two cards for Surround Gaming, but with this kind of performance, scaling and value, it's not that big a deal. Power draw on these cards is better than their high end brothers and if you're running a decent Intel system the chances are you'll have a motherboard and power supply that's more than capable of handing this setup.
The main thing you have to take out of all this is when someone says SLI is a waste of money and NVIDIA has just completely missed the mark with the latest generation of cards, you can know that it's clear rubbish, because the bottom line is performance with these cards is amazing in SLI. And honestly, even by themselves it's fantastic, as we saw with the MSI GTX 465 Twin Frozr II.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 465 in SLI Overclocked w/ Voltage Adjustment]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player launches early
- Search engines are about to be creepy good at predicting what you want
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance