Setting up the GTX 480 with GTX 465 PhysX
Adding in a second NVIDIA card to use as a PhysX card is really easy. Eith no drivers installed we slotted both cards into the testbed and fired it up. Once in Windows we installed the latest NVIDIA drivers and after a reboot we went into the NVIDIA control panel.
From there you can select PhysX and how you want it to be handled. We have three choices; GTX 480, GTX 465 and CPU. So, what we did was select GTX 465.
I actually forgot to take pictures of the GPU-Z screens separately, but I did take a screen shot of them both running at one stage. Below you can see our two cards installed.
So, what I ended up doing is running the PhysX tests three ways. The first was just with the GTX 480 and that being also used as the PhysX card. The second was the same single GTX 480 and we selected for the CPU to do the PhysX work. Finally, we had both cards installed and selected the GTX 465 to do the PhysX work.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Setting up the GTX 480 with GTX 465 PhysX]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- Infinite Warfare is Call of Duty's first interplanetary space odyssey
- Radiohead has left the internet
- NVIDIA 365.10 drivers optimized for Overwatch, Forza
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched