Direct3D Gaming Benchmarks
Max Payne is a new generation DirectX 7/8 game. This game is based on Hardware T&L advancements as well as many other features of the Intel Pentium 4 and Athlon XP.
Max Payne is more 3D intense than Quake III or Star Trek Voyager. So slipping it into high gear shows a bigger gap than we expected between the 128MB cards and the 64MB Leadtek.
Aquanox is one of the latest installments to our benchmark software. This game is based heavily on DirectX 8 and 8.1 advancements and is designed to stress video cards to their ultimate limit, in all the best D3D benchmark to date.
Aquanox is a great 3D test benchmark and shows just how heavy it is on the graphics of a PC. Leadtek is able to pull 15 FPS away at our maximum resolution to give it a clear victory.
DroneZmark is based on the popular DroneZ game engine. DroneZmark incorporates a looping demo and execution engine to test your system performance.
DroneZmark isn't as heavy on the memory and it shows with the Leadtek losing out of 1st place.
Comanche 4 is our newest benchmark. Based on a very addictive helicopter game, Comanche 4 also makes a great 3D accelerator test program.
This is the first time I have used Comanche 4 and I must say that it is a very impressive game and I love the graphics. Comanche is a mix between the high crunching 3D and memory intense. 128MB and 64MB score just about equal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications Part 1]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 3 [Specifications Part 2]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 4 [ASUS V8420 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 5 [Albatron Ti4200-P Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 6 [Chaintech A-GT21 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 7 [Leadtek A250LE Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 8 [Test Setup/3DMark2001/Vulpine]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 11 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system