Direct3D Gaming Benchmarks
Max Payne is a new generation DirectX 7/8 game. This game is based on Hardware T&L advancements as well as many other features of the Intel Pentium 4 and Athlon XP.
Max Payne is more 3D intense than Quake III or Star Trek Voyager. So slipping it into high gear shows a bigger gap than we expected between the 128MB cards and the 64MB Leadtek.
Aquanox is one of the latest installments to our benchmark software. This game is based heavily on DirectX 8 and 8.1 advancements and is designed to stress video cards to their ultimate limit, in all the best D3D benchmark to date.
Aquanox is a great 3D test benchmark and shows just how heavy it is on the graphics of a PC. Leadtek is able to pull 15 FPS away at our maximum resolution to give it a clear victory.
DroneZmark is based on the popular DroneZ game engine. DroneZmark incorporates a looping demo and execution engine to test your system performance.
DroneZmark isn't as heavy on the memory and it shows with the Leadtek losing out of 1st place.
Comanche 4 is our newest benchmark. Based on a very addictive helicopter game, Comanche 4 also makes a great 3D accelerator test program.
This is the first time I have used Comanche 4 and I must say that it is a very impressive game and I love the graphics. Comanche is a mix between the high crunching 3D and memory intense. 128MB and 64MB score just about equal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications Part 1]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 3 [Specifications Part 2]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 4 [ASUS V8420 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 5 [Albatron Ti4200-P Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 6 [Chaintech A-GT21 Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 7 [Leadtek A250LE Features]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 8 [Test Setup/3DMark2001/Vulpine]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 4-Way Shootout - Page 11 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch before the Note8
- Destiny 2 screenshots revealed
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software