I've already said that this is going to be the setup for surround gaming. Its strong high resolution performance is impressive which is exactly what we want when it comes to looking at Surround Gaming setups.
The overclock is good; the ability to adjust voltage while not present, it's coming and would've given us the 100MHz core increase and more we wanted, but we're not complaining about this at all. With some good airflow in the case versus the open test bench structure, you shouldn't need to run the fans at a higher speed to achieve the overclock which will be present.
The Galaxy GTX 465 has had a real work out from us. With the two cards we've offered over 150 benchmarks and given you a massive feel for the model. Everyone who has asked me over the last few days what I think about the GTX 465 has been told. That is, I think it's a great model.
What helps seal the deal is the price point. Honestly, another $20 and the model would've been looked at in a completely different light. The $280 MSRP is impressive for the performance you get and people who want to get in on the latest CUDA and PhysX performance are going to appreciate it as well.
While we can't comment on the reference cooled model, we can comment on the Galaxy GTX 465 and what we have to say is that the model performs well, is priced well, scales very well, overclocks great with no voltage adjustment, performs strong at high resolutions and runs a lot cooler, quieter while drawing a lot less power than launch higher end GTX 400 series cards.
Let's hope that NVIDIA can attack the other mid range models with the same strength. They've got the potential to take back no.1 spot and for ATI who do currently hold no.1 spot, there's only one place they can go and that is down. The competition is great for everyone, though, so let's hope it stays.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 465 in SLI]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017