Sure, performance is strong in our synthetic tests, but when you look at the gaming results this is where you really see how strong the system we've built is. Minimums are above 30 FPS and averages above 60 FPS. For a gamer there's not much more you could ask for when it comes to gaming and it's a real testament to the system we've built and recommend to our readers.
The biggest worry that you might have with the recommendation is the amount of hard drive space. From a gaming perspective the fact that we've only recommended a 60 GB setup might be a slight issue. With Windows 7 installed along with Darkest of Days, Far Cry 2, Batman AA, H.A.W.X. Demo and our other benchmarking software including Vantage, we still had 20.1GB of free hard drive space left.
Sure, it's not going to be fantastic if you're wanting to download GBs from the internet, but for your games it's perfect. Worst case scenario, when you're running a little low you could dump some of the stuff you're not playing yet and still keep the save games. There's also the option of throwing in a standard 3.5" hard drive with much larger capacity.
Gaming performance is strong and thanks to the 4GB of memory and SSD RAID 0 setup everything is just zippy. We mean everything from just working your way through Windows to loading up games and playing them.
For 1920 x 1080 and lower the HD 5850 is the perfect choice. 4GB of memory is a great amount and RAID 0 SSD for that $2,000 price mark is just a bonus. Recommending what parts to buy is one thing, but being able to show you just how it will perform is another. We've put our money where our mouth is and shown just why we've chosen the parts we've chosen.
If you felt a bit skeptical before now, you don't need to any longer. And the good news is if you do build the setup and performance isn't this strong, then you know something's wrong since we haven't done anything special to the system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look at The Commander]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - wPrime]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications