Galaxy GTX 465 GC Overclocking
With the model being based very much off the GTX 470, I had hoped that we would've seen Voltage Adjustment to the core straight off the bat. Unfortunately under both Xtreme Tuner HD and Afterburner we didn't. We're not too sure if we're going to see it soon, or if the ability isn't present in this model.
Either way, if it is on offer soon and it does help give us a better overclock once again over what we currently get, we'll look at it in a separate article. If it doesn't, though, we'll no doubt make mention of it in some shape, way or form.
For now, let's look at the Galaxy GTX 465 GC and see what the model was capable of without the voltage adjustment we had hoped for. Out of the box the default core on the GTX 465 is 608MHz, the Shader 1215MHz and the 1GB of GDDR5 memory coming in at 3208MHz QDR.
What we ended up with was surprising; 725MHz on the core which bumped our Shader to 1450MHz and the memory went up to a respectable 3740MHz QDR. Considering we're not playing with any voltages, a core jump of over 100MHz is appreciated. We're sure the cooler that Galaxy has opted for has aided in the achievement of these numbers.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 465 GC Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- NPD: Mobile gaming grew 20 percent in 2014, creating opportunities
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- Corporate leaders are aware of IoT, but aren't really prepared for it
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Intermittent hardware problem: CLR CMOS - Dr. Debug 67
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse