There's nothing all that exciting about this driver. To be honest, though, we've had a massive run of awesome driver releases from ATI and we know the run couldn't last forever. The driver isn't so much bad as it just a bit boring. Some are going to appreciate the fixes, while others are going to need it. Others won't appreciate the increase in 2D clocks, though, which in turn has increased idle temperatures.
The other big thing worth noting is the latest driver also messes with our much beloved Bad Company 2 load times. The driver team is on it, though, and a hot fix is coming; so in the event that you're into Bad Company 2 big time, avoid this driver and wait for the hot fix.
As always, though, we've got the big list of bug fixes in a number of games which is always appreciated. Too be honest, though, if you're not going to benefit from anything on the bug list and the monitor flicker isn't an issue, you could just about give this release a bit of a miss.
It'll be interesting to see what happens next month. Of course, we've got Computex next week which should hopefully bring with it some exciting new developments. ATI at the moment are staying very tight lipped; we just wonder if it's because there's nothing to talk about or if they're just behaving themselves.
Stop the Press, though, because there seems to be something about this driver that ATI hasn't told us. People are reporting that CrossFireX performance when running Eyefinity has sky rocketed. Some people have reported Metro 2033 going from a slide show to now giving an average of over 100 FPS.
Make sure you drop us a line in our comments section below if you're an Eyefinity CrossFireX user. For some users this could be a very good reason to update to the latest driver. The bottom line is Surround Gaming / EyeFinity is going to be heating up in the coming months.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- NPD: Mobile gaming grew 20 percent in 2014, creating opportunities
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- Corporate leaders are aware of IoT, but aren't really prepared for it
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Intermittent hardware problem: CLR CMOS - Dr. Debug 67
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse