It might've been a while since I've ran a SLI setup, but it's still as easy as ever. Since we already had the Palit GTX 470 installed, I slotted in the Galaxy one, added the SLI connector, got into Windows, waited a few minutes and rebooted the system which resulted in it saying my hardware was ready.
Once that was done, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it just to make sure I didn't run into any problems. Once installed you need to just quickly pop into the NVIDIA control panel and enable SLI.
To make sure everything was working, we did two things. First, we checked GPU-Z to make sure that SLI was shown as being enabled.
We then did a quick run of Vantage to make sure the performance increase was seen. Fortunately both areas checked out A-OK and it was time to get stuck into some benchmarking to see how the tech is going these days.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Setup]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.