Extreme LN2 Overclocking
Well, I wouldn't say it went off without a hitch, but it was still a great deal of fun. On the stock cooler these cards are impressive, an overclock of 1000 on the core with 1300 memory was extremely straight forward.
It wasn't until I started testing the cards individually sub zero that problems started to present themselves. Two of the cards had frustrating cold related issues; for whatever reason when the cards went below -60degrees celcius, the memory would create a great deal of artifacts and the higher I clocked the memory, the worse it got.
Over the four cards two were happy to go below -100degrees celcius and as I said above I kept the other two above -60 for the most part. The two cold loving cards would push clocks of 1380core and 1360memory, while unfortunately the other two would max out around 1300core and 1240memory (but note, these cards have no issue passing 1300memory on air).
I have picked five benchmarks that scale nicely with additional cards and processing power to show the full potential of this hardware.
With all that said, let's see what kind of gains we will see in game benchmarks when I take these cards cold.
3D Mark 03 is an old benchmark to todays standards, but has always been a benchmark that thrives on GPU power. Here we see the 200k barrier easily broken.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the graphics cards. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the graphics cards to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible frequencies, as this could take weeks to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every graphics card to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Hardware]
- Page 3 [Extreme LN2 Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3D Mark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Devil May Cry 4 ]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Heaven v2.0]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Nintendo NX handheld hybrid GPU CPU upgrade attachment
- New Fallout Shelter update features sticker set on iOS
- New Assassin's Creed may use PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio
- Nintendo NX might cost $350
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now