Conclusion - Samsung Wins DDR-400 Battle
With very few DDR-400 modules on the market at this time, Samsung have defiantly put together a super high quality module that isn't officially supported by the JEDEC. Compatibility wise, the Samsung DDR-400 module worked in every board we had, and ran DDR-400 in every board that supported the speed by default or by overclocking. Stability wise I couldn't fault it, and overclocking, well 450Mhz is the highest I have ever seen from system memory to date. Being able to outperform the current king of DDR memory, Corsair, Samsung has my total seal of approval.
Geil on the other hand have basically slapped together a DDR-266 module and have tried the old, "cool it better, sell it for more" tactic. Geil DDR-400 is in my honest opinion a DDR-266 module overclocked to the limit, with a very low performance score and extremely unstable without their heatspreaders, you see that it's hard to choose this memory for hardcore overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 2 [Features of the two modules]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 4 [Benchmarks - DDR-333]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 5 [Benchmarks - DDR-350]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 6 [Benchmarks - DDR-400]
- Samsung vs Geil - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter to Win a $1,000 NewEgg Gift Card
- HoloLens specs revealed, features 2GB RAM and 64GB storage
- ResetPlug reboots your router when internet goes out
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience