First things first; if you want to nab a copy of Xtreme Tuner HD you can head on over to the XT page at the Galaxy site here and grab it. The most important thing to cover is the performance and the numbers really speak for themselves. Today we were able to get the GTX 470 to outperform the GTX 480 which carries with it a much higher price tag.
Now, I understand that you can of course overclock the GTX 480, but the model just doesn't have the same headroom as the GTX 470 when comparing the clocks from stock to overclocked. The GTX 480 when overclocked just doesn't get the same boost in value as the GTX 470 which can be seen in our TVR graphs with the GTX 470 Galaxy picking off the reference card thanks to the improved overclock at the same price.
This overclock wouldn't have been achieved if it wasn't for the Galaxy R&D team working hard on creating a cooling solution that was going to make the card better. Honestly, what they've done to the GTX 470 is just disturbing; they've really fixed up the initial issues we had with the reference one when it comes to heat and noise levels which in turn has given us more head room when it came to overclocking.
Throw in the fact that we could overclock higher with less noise and less heat and this is just a simply fantastic model. Not only can we not wait to see what other companies do with the GTX 470, but what we really can't wait for is what Galaxy does with the GTX 480. If what we're seeing today is anything to go by, there's a real reason to get excited about the GTX 480.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 470 GC Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.