Eyefinity6 is finally here and with word now coming out that the HD 5870 is officially going to have 2GB of GDDR5 from some partners, we're not 100% sure how the Eyefinity6 model is going to go.
The chances are that you already know about the model and you know a fair bit about what it's capable of. Really, we saw the Eyefinity card on offer by ATI when the original HD 5870 launched last year, but the big question was, why didn't we see the card released then instead of months later?
It seemed to be driver related and an issue with the six monitors working together. While we'd seen a fair bit of footage on the cards running games on six monitors, it tended to be the same game. While we'll probably never know the full story, it's possible that maybe there were issues with other games.
We'll be taking a bit of a different approach to this review and making it a bit more of an article due to the fact that we haven't received an active Dual-Link DVI adapter which in turn has made it impossible to test at 2560 x 1600. Instead we're going to look at Eyefinity performance with three monitors against a couple of other ATI offerings.
Since the card we're looking at is a reference one from ATI, there's no bundle to look at so we'll get into the card itself and check out the specifications of the model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 12 [Dark Void and Batman AA Pictures]
- Page 13 [Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. and Darkest of Days Pictures]
- Page 14 [BattleForge and Far Cry 2 Pictures]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club