The GTX 470 is of course the baby of the two new models due out from NVIDIA. Of course, we use the word 'baby' quite loosely. On the specifications front the model carries with it 448 CUDA cores, 56 Texture Units and 40 ROP Units. All these are done on a 40nm core which we figure has been the biggest issue for NVIDIA when it has come to the release of this card.
Below you can see a GPU-Z screen shot of the model. Having a look at it, we can see all the main MHz that we need to know about. The core comes in at 607MHz while the shader clock carries with it a 1215MHz clock.
As for the memory, we're seeing NVIDIA use GDDR5 for the first time on a high-end product; they're using a 320-bit memory bus which is the reason we have a slightly weird sounding 1280MB of total memory. This comes clocked in at 837MHz or 3348MHz QDR.
NVIDIA cards of course offer some great features which are lacking on ATI cards. To some people, however, these features simply don't matter. For gamers the big selling point is of course PhysX of which support is growing for on a regular basis; there's no denying that uptake isn't fantastic, though.
CUDA is another big selling point, but really only aimed at a certain crowd outside of gamers. There are a number of great applications that support the technology and it's extremely useful in some scenarios.
Also included is Ray Tracing and some new Anti-aliasing support. I highly recommend that if you want to learn some more about these technologies, you check out the article that was posted just before this; GTX 400 Series - What you need to know. It not only covers the features in some more detail while also looking at Surround Gaming, but also the specifications of both the GTX 470 and GTX 480 while at the same time looking at some of the topics that have ran rampant over the past six months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card]
- Page 3 [Specifications and Features]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'