The Reviewers Guide Story
We've all joked about the fact that the NVIDIA Reviewers Guide would tell reviewers to test nothing but Unigine Heaven to take advantage of the Tessellation features on offer from the GTX 400 series card.
Well, it doesn't. The reviewers guide is very similar to ones in the past. Let me give you a quick rundown of what's inside.
Starting from the top, we have the FTP Information and Embargo Date (NDA). Moving down, we've got an Introduction to the GTX 400 series, a rundown on the GTX 480 and then the GTX 470. We continue down to a blurb about Cinematic Image Quality, Revolutionary Compute Architecture for Gaming and some information about 3D Vision Surround.
Once all that's out of the way, NVIDIA then give us an idea on some of the games we should test, what settings they recommend and some notes for particular games. NVIDIA didn't say "We'll only send the model if you test this way and that way" or anything like that.
The information here is really no different to what we get from ATI. To be honest, a number of games in the list we already test anyway, so it didn't really impact us heavily.
Once all that information was out of the way, we have a table with the GTX 480 and GTX 470 side by side showing us the different specifications which we covered in our second and third pages.
We've then got another table which gives us a bunch of results NVIDIA have received from the GTX 480, GTX 470 and GTX 480 in SLI against a number of high end ATI cards. Really, though, we take this information with a grain of salt and since we do our own testing, it's not relevant to us anyway.
The end of the reviewers guide is finished off with a bunch of contact information for NVIDIA staff in any region and that's about it.
There's nothing sinister in the Reviewers Guide nor did NVIDIA tell us that we could only get a sample if we followed a certain method of testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The GTX 470]
- Page 3 [The GTX 480]
- Page 4 [The 512 CUDA Core Story]
- Page 5 [The Yield Rate Story]
- Page 6 [The Launch Supply Story]
- Page 7 [The Surround Gaming Story]
- Page 8 [The Reviewers Guide Story]
- Page 9 [The Fancy Tech]
- Page 10 [The Fancy Tech - Continued]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software