The Launch Supply Story
First we heard 5,000 pieces at launch; then we heard 50,000 pieces. So what is it? The first? The Latter? In between? Even more? Even Less?
Sorry, this information is confidential to NVIDIA.
Well, that doesn't come as much of a surprise; no company is really going to give out its quantity and unless you know how much every partner was getting, it would be hard to know exactly how much stock is going to be on the market when the card hits.
There's going to be 5k or 50k pieces at launch of GTX 400 series? - We'll probably never really know. Ultimately all we'll know come launch and a few weeks after it is if launch supply is good or not.
On the topic of the rumor that NVIDIA hope to pass the sales of Cypress and Hemlock (HD 5800 and HD 5900) combined by the end of summer; if so, which market will pick the product up.
Umm... Doesn't every company hope their products sell more than their competitors? ;) As for which crowd is more likely to be buying the GTX 400 series products, like all of our enthusiast level products, the most common audience who look to buy them are gamers, hardware enthusiasts and also enthusiasts of visual computing (think video/image editing, etc.).
It comes as no surprise that NVIDIA hope to outsell ATI, but if they have actually set a target date, we're not sure.
NVIDIA want to have sold more FERMI than Cypress and Hemlock combined? - Yes.
At the end of Summer? - Well, sooner than later would be better, but there doesn't seem to be a time frame on this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The GTX 470]
- Page 3 [The GTX 480]
- Page 4 [The 512 CUDA Core Story]
- Page 5 [The Yield Rate Story]
- Page 6 [The Launch Supply Story]
- Page 7 [The Surround Gaming Story]
- Page 8 [The Reviewers Guide Story]
- Page 9 [The Fancy Tech]
- Page 10 [The Fancy Tech - Continued]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now