The Launch Supply Story
First we heard 5,000 pieces at launch; then we heard 50,000 pieces. So what is it? The first? The Latter? In between? Even more? Even Less?
Sorry, this information is confidential to NVIDIA.
Well, that doesn't come as much of a surprise; no company is really going to give out its quantity and unless you know how much every partner was getting, it would be hard to know exactly how much stock is going to be on the market when the card hits.
There's going to be 5k or 50k pieces at launch of GTX 400 series? - We'll probably never really know. Ultimately all we'll know come launch and a few weeks after it is if launch supply is good or not.
On the topic of the rumor that NVIDIA hope to pass the sales of Cypress and Hemlock (HD 5800 and HD 5900) combined by the end of summer; if so, which market will pick the product up.
Umm... Doesn't every company hope their products sell more than their competitors? ;) As for which crowd is more likely to be buying the GTX 400 series products, like all of our enthusiast level products, the most common audience who look to buy them are gamers, hardware enthusiasts and also enthusiasts of visual computing (think video/image editing, etc.).
It comes as no surprise that NVIDIA hope to outsell ATI, but if they have actually set a target date, we're not sure.
NVIDIA want to have sold more FERMI than Cypress and Hemlock combined? - Yes.
At the end of Summer? - Well, sooner than later would be better, but there doesn't seem to be a time frame on this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The GTX 470]
- Page 3 [The GTX 480]
- Page 4 [The 512 CUDA Core Story]
- Page 5 [The Yield Rate Story]
- Page 6 [The Launch Supply Story]
- Page 7 [The Surround Gaming Story]
- Page 8 [The Reviewers Guide Story]
- Page 9 [The Fancy Tech]
- Page 10 [The Fancy Tech - Continued]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017