Test System Setup
Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD7 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Hard Disk: Seagate XT 2TB (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: MSI 5870 (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling CPU: Dragon F1 Extreme Edition (KINGPIN COOLING)
Cooling GPU: Tek9 3.0 GPU Unit (KINGPIN COOLING)
Power Supplie: Antec TPQ-1200-OC (Supplied by Antec)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 10.3 Preview
Unlike most test beds we will be utilizing LN2 to freeze the CPU. We will strap on a Dragon F1 CPU pot instead of the standard heatsink and fan.
I've also attached a pot to the video card for the last Vantage run.
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
As one would expect, the CPU performed well here. The only noticeable thing to point out was I needed to adjust the B clocks for the 5 and 5.5GHz runs which had an effect on the memory speed dependant on the multiplier that was used. I will leave the memory bandwidth in this article, but note there was a variance in speeds for the last two steppings.
Further Reading: Read and find more CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs content at our CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse