While ATI are offering a large array of new features, there's no doubt that not all users will be able to get the advantage of them. The 10.2 driver seems to suit users of CrossFire while the 10.3 driver set is mainly for Eyefinity users and people who have a laptop that has an ATI based graphics card.
In saying that, we're sure that both releases will of course carry with them the normal array of bug fixes for games, be it for use with a single card or more. Also, hopefully we'll see a little bit of a performance jump here or there in some games as well.
Outside of that, though, there are really some fantastic developments happening in the Catalyst drivers. As an Eyefinity user myself, I'm excited about other Eyefinity users getting the chance to make use of some of these fantastic features on offer and for someone who does use CrossFireX, I'm excited about the features that the 10.2 will offer as well.
What this 1-2 Punch preview shows us is that ATI listen to us. They've added the features we want and to be honest, they've done it quite quickly with Eyefinity not being out for all that long.
CrossFire has improved drastically since its release, but it's clear that ATI want to take the technology to the next level and it's clear they're working on it now and preparing the technology for the future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017