Eyefinity Bezel Correction
We've wanted it since the release of Eyefinity and now it's here. Due to the bezels on a monitor, an image that's on any form of an angle doesn't line up. The idea behind bezel correction is that you're able to add more pixels to your display to compensate for the bezels.
Now, in Windows this is something that probably won't really interest you or that you'll notice, because really you shouldn't have anything that spans across the multiple monitors. Instead, each monitor will have its own windows. For example, right now I have my word doc on the middle monitor, 1-2 punch power point presentation on the left and Terry Makedons message about the Catalyst preview along with some emails about the drivers on the right.
Because nothing spans across a bezel, I don't need any correction. When I get into a game, though, and I deal with many angled items, they don't line up. With the Bezel Correction running, I adjust a triangle to the point where it lines up perfectly. What this results in is a new resolution.
In Windows I now have the option to go from 5760 x 1200 to 6048 x 1200. What the bezel correction process did is add 288 pixels to accommodate for the bezels in my three monitor setup.
When you get into games you'll now have an option to select the standard resolution; in my case 5760 x 1200, along with the new Bezel Correction resolution of 6048 x 1200. If you want to accommodate for the bezels, you select the latter resolution; if not, you select the standard one.
On a whole it's something that's quite difficult to explain unless you really use the technology. To give you an idea, though, if you look at the image below, the first one has the Bezel Correction (6048 x 1200) while the second one doesn't (5760 x 1200).
What essentially happens is you can hide things behind the bezels as there are pixels there. The way it all works is pretty cool and a feature that really needed to be added.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog