We can connect PC's together using standard 6 pin connectors (right) or the smaller 4 pin ones (left) as shown in the picture below
The particular cable I used has a 5 metre length, which exceeds the specifications by 0.5 metres. Even so, I had no problems using it for my test. Increasing the cable length will decrease the connect speed to 200 or 100Mbps, or result in a loss of connectivity.
Connecting a number of computers together involves a daisy chain situation similar to SCSI, but without the hassle of terminators or having to set device ID's.
There are also Firewire hubs available that can be used to connect devices, particularly useful for connecting PC's that have only one Firewire port.
Because Firewire devices run asynchronously, they can be running 100Mbps, 200Mbps and 400Mbps all on the same chain at the same time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter Nintendo Direct incoming
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook