Firewire - What Is It?
Firewire is a high speed serial bus standard developed by Texas Instruments and Apple way back in 1995, also known as IEEE1394, 1394 and i.Link. Apple has been including it in its systems for quite a while now (G3 onwards), but it has only more recently been a common addition to PC systems. Here's a general specification list:
- High speed serial bus running at 100, 200 or 400Mbps
- Up to 63 devices connectable externally
- Full Plug 'n' Play support
- Live connection and disconnection without data loss or interruption
- Uses a common connector for all types of devices
- 6 wire shielded twisted pair cable up to 4.5m in length
- WDM driver model support
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.