Overclocking and Installation
Installation of the two boards was painless. While both boards did use non-standard ATX backplanes, Gigabyte does supply them for you, so there is no need to hunt down the right one. After installing the boards in the case we connected up all the externals and powered up. Both boards booted up without a problem. Windows installation was also a sit back and watch affair while it did its own thing.
The 8IEXP took a bit more installing of software due to its RAID and Firewire controllers. The 8IGX required a INF update (which was provided on the drivers CD) in order for the AGP4x to work since the I845G is a new generation chipset and not a direct descendant of the I845 like the I845E is.
Overclocking on both boards was basically a mirror. Both boards have an identical BIOS layout for the overclocking, and almost identical for the peripherals setup. The only difference is the 8IGX has the option for the onboard video and no RAID, Hardware sound or Firewire options.
First off in the overclocking section you have the "CPU Host Clock Control" setting. You set this to enable in order to set the CPU front Side bus and many other factors. Once this option is enabled you have full overclocking control.
"CPU Host Frequency" is next in line. From here you can set your FSB of the CPU from 100Mhz up to 355Mhz - This is the largest amount of settings that anyone has ever made possible, though getting the system to over 200Mhz FSB (800QDR) is quite a challenge.
Next is the "Fixed AGP/PCI" Control. This option allows you to set your AGP/PCI dividers to any setting you want at any FSB. This is a fantastic option as it allows you to overclock your FSB without overclocking the video systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 1 [Introductions]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 3 [8IEXP Features]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 4 [8IGX Features]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 5 [Overclocking and Installation]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System and Snadra]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 8 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 10 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20