Overclocking and Installation
Installation of the two boards was painless. While both boards did use non-standard ATX backplanes, Gigabyte does supply them for you, so there is no need to hunt down the right one. After installing the boards in the case we connected up all the externals and powered up. Both boards booted up without a problem. Windows installation was also a sit back and watch affair while it did its own thing.
The 8IEXP took a bit more installing of software due to its RAID and Firewire controllers. The 8IGX required a INF update (which was provided on the drivers CD) in order for the AGP4x to work since the I845G is a new generation chipset and not a direct descendant of the I845 like the I845E is.
Overclocking on both boards was basically a mirror. Both boards have an identical BIOS layout for the overclocking, and almost identical for the peripherals setup. The only difference is the 8IGX has the option for the onboard video and no RAID, Hardware sound or Firewire options.
First off in the overclocking section you have the "CPU Host Clock Control" setting. You set this to enable in order to set the CPU front Side bus and many other factors. Once this option is enabled you have full overclocking control.
"CPU Host Frequency" is next in line. From here you can set your FSB of the CPU from 100Mhz up to 355Mhz - This is the largest amount of settings that anyone has ever made possible, though getting the system to over 200Mhz FSB (800QDR) is quite a challenge.
Next is the "Fixed AGP/PCI" Control. This option allows you to set your AGP/PCI dividers to any setting you want at any FSB. This is a fantastic option as it allows you to overclock your FSB without overclocking the video systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 1 [Introductions]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 3 [8IEXP Features]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 4 [8IGX Features]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 5 [Overclocking and Installation]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System and Snadra]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 8 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 10 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Gigabyte's New 533FSB Boards - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset