One hundred and fifty litres of Liquid Nitrogen, one dead 5870 and countless hours later, my score of P24486 held up to the competition. It was a most enjoyable event that saw the 5870 Single Card World Record broken by no less than four competitors, which is great considering the CPU clock restriction. It was also good to see from a cross selection of 5870s that a fair percentage were capable of hitting up to and over 1300MHz on the core (when appropriate cooling is utilized).
After the highest score was posted by "Pro" with approximately one day to go, it was quite nerve wracking to see if my backup would hold up to any last minute submissions, as I was unable to launch a counter attack if needed. As it turned out, there was no need to worry, as the only submission to come after that was from myself with approximately five minutes to go, when I posted my highest score.
I would like to thank Vince "Kingpin" Lucido for hosting the competition and putting up such a wonderful prize, MSI and ASUS for supplying hardware, and congratulations to everyone that took part in achieving such a high standard of results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Components]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Results - Yours Truly]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Results - Chispy]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup & Results - Expat GriZ]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup & Results - Andre]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup & Results - xoqolatl]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup & Results - Pro]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league