For this article we are going to jump into the world of competitive overclocking. Arguably one of the best overclockers in the business, Vince "Kingpin" Lucido has been hosting a 3DMark Vantage Competition at his home forum "Kingpincooling.com" over the last couple of weeks.
The rules are very simple:
- Any single GPU Video Card
- An i7 CPU with a capped speed of no more than 4750MHz
- 3DMark Vantage Performance
- No Cheating, which means no altering of the image quality in any way and the use of tools like SET FSB, Tweak IT etc. are banned
- Best Score Wins!
And win big you do; a very nice full set of sub zero cooling units (pictured above), which any serious overclocker would give their right arm for.
Though, you will need the skills of a mad scientist if you want a shot at the top prize. Soldering, temperature management and operating systems configuring are just some of the skills you will need to master.
Easy, right? Well, let's see which big guns come out to play.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Components]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Results - Yours Truly]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Results - Chispy]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup & Results - Expat GriZ]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup & Results - Andre]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup & Results - xoqolatl]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup & Results - Pro]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- Google possibly making all-in-one, self-powered VR headset
- Quantum Break is DX12 only, requires 8GB of RAM minimum
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives