For this article we are going to jump into the world of competitive overclocking. Arguably one of the best overclockers in the business, Vince "Kingpin" Lucido has been hosting a 3DMark Vantage Competition at his home forum "Kingpincooling.com" over the last couple of weeks.
The rules are very simple:
- Any single GPU Video Card
- An i7 CPU with a capped speed of no more than 4750MHz
- 3DMark Vantage Performance
- No Cheating, which means no altering of the image quality in any way and the use of tools like SET FSB, Tweak IT etc. are banned
- Best Score Wins!
And win big you do; a very nice full set of sub zero cooling units (pictured above), which any serious overclocker would give their right arm for.
Though, you will need the skills of a mad scientist if you want a shot at the top prize. Soldering, temperature management and operating systems configuring are just some of the skills you will need to master.
Easy, right? Well, let's see which big guns come out to play.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Components]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Results - Yours Truly]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Results - Chispy]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup & Results - Expat GriZ]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup & Results - Andre]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup & Results - xoqolatl]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup & Results - Pro]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league