Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (190MHz x 20)
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P (Supplied by Noctua)
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Memory: 3 X 2GB Kingston Hyper X PC3-16000 2000MHz DDR CL9 (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 640GB SATA 2.0 HDD (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows 7
Drivers: ForceWare 195.55
With the cards being a bit slower than some of the more regular cards we test like the higher NVIDIA ones, we've made a few changes to our benchmark line-up. While we're still including all our new programs, we've chosen to only bench at 1680 x 1050.
This is the main resolution these cards are able to play at, so it seemed pointless to really test any higher. In saying that, we've left all our game presets the same which means they're between High and Maxed Out, depending on the game. We'll make a note when it comes to a game and how much lower we would need to go in detail level to smoothen out the frame rate if need be.
It probably also comes as no surprise that we've dropped our AA and AF tests for the exact same reasons as above. We've still got a fully loaded line-up including new games like Resident Evil 5 and Batman Arkham Asylum along with NVIDIAs own video converting tool, Badaboom.
Let's get started!
3DMark Vantage is the new industry standard PC gaming performance benchmark from Futuremark, newly designed for Windows Vista and DirectX10. It includes two new graphics tests, two new CPU tests, several new feature tests, and support for the latest hardware.
3DMark Vantage is based on a completely new rendering engine, developed specifically to take full advantage of DirectX10, the new graphics API from Microsoft.
We can see the three stock clocked cards all perform very close to each other. The Galaxy offers us a little bit more performance with the extra bump in memory speed, while the Palit comes out on top thanks to its core and memory clocks being increased.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Palit GT 240 1GB Sonic]
- Page 3 [Galaxy GT 240 512MB]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE GT 240 512MB]
- Page 5 [AXLE GT 240 512MB]
- Page 6 [TwinTech GT 240 512MB]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup