It comes as no surprise that there's very little performance improvements when it comes to looking at the FPS. In saying that, there's a bit of movement for the HD 5850 in some areas and slightly more for the HD 5870. The main reason we didn't expect a whole lot from the driver was because the Catalyst team has probably no doubt been working hard on creating a stable driver for the HD 5970.
If you're a HD 5770 user we would recommend that you move off the beta and onto the official WHQL driver for the simple fact that it's an official one. If you're also on a HD 5800 series model you may as well make the jump; there's no negative performance effects in our tests and a few positive ones to be seen.
If that's not enough to make you move over, there are a few new features included on the latest drivers. Of course, there's also that typical lineup of bug fixes that are always included with a new set.
While there's nothing to really get excited about with this particular driver, we do have to give some big props to the driver team for creating a wonderful HD 5970 driver. You can know that if you have a HD 5970 or if you're lucky enough to have two, you will see some simply fantastic performance from the setup.
As always, if you've got a different operating system, card or game and you're seeing some results worth mentioning, make sure you drop us a line in our forums. Next month should mark the final 9 series Catalyst driver from ATI and we hope that Santa in the red suit is bringing us something to get excited about this holiday season.
Until next month, may all your frame rates be high and your games good fun!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- Google possibly making all-in-one, self-powered VR headset
- Quantum Break is DX12 only, requires 8GB of RAM minimum
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's new patch improves multi-GPU performance
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives