While in conversation with the owner (David Welsh) of Everglide agreed with me when I suggested that we should do a complete Everglide review of all their products reviewed and tested in the one review. For those that don't know, Everglide are the original mouse pad makers of those plastic round shape mousepads we all know and love. Everglide have since realised the success of their products and have began selling different pads, in different colors, styles and designs. Everglide sell a wide range of mousepads bearing game logo designs such as Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 Arena and Tribes. They have recently signed a exclusive deal with the makers of Tribes 2 to bear its logo on up and coming pads, cool. Along with mousepads, Everglide have also began selling different computer products such as the Mouse Bungee Mouse Cord Guide, fUnc sUrface1030, Everglide Wrist Rest Plus and the Everglide LANbag. I personally love all of their products, let's now take a closer look at each product individually.
As previously mentioned, Everglide are the original mouse pad makers of the plastic round shape mousepads as pictured above. Everglide first started out with a small black mouse pad simply called the Original Mousing Surface (9 1/4" High, 8 1/2" Wide), then they moved to the bigger, more stylish Attack Pad (8" High, 10 1/4" Wide) and now the latest and biggest pad to date is the Giganta (9 1/2" High, 11 1/2" Wide). The three different pads come in three different colors - White, blue and black. All pads are big enough to give you enough room to navigate around Windows or get stuck into some serious gaming action. The pads don't collect dust like cheapo mousepads, the Everglide pads also don't get sticky due to sweat, even after hours of continuous use on a summer day. The pads have 5 or so sticky pads on the base, so they won't move around on your desk, even if you try to push the pads you will struggle to get them to move. After all this is fantastic, because there's nothing worse than a mouse pad which moves around when you move the mouse the slightest inch.
Everglide kindly offer this warning to optical mouse users - "May NOT be Compatible with all Optical Mouse!". With all my experiences with optical mouses (namely, Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical) and Everglide pads, I have no troubles at all. The optical lens updates just as normal as with any other mouse pad I have used in my lifetime.
Everglide also offer a extended service where they can do custom design pads for your business. We are currently considering get some custom TweakTown pads made up, anyone interested? When I attend LAN's my Everglide pads always seems to attract a fair amount of attention, they are stylish and very useful for those that want smooth mouse movement. Together, we give all the Everglide pads 8/10 - Maybe they could be a little bit cheaper, that's the only "fault" we could find.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni