Today FPS doesn't matter! We'll, that's not true, but what we intend to find out is when it comes to graphics card drivers under Windows 7, who does a better job? The problem is that there's no graphics card that performs exactly the same when it comes to testing an ATI based one and an NVIDIA one.
What this means is that instead of saying that the NVIDIA card we used today scored X FPS and the ATI card scored Y FPS in the different operating systems, we'll be saying that the NVIDIA card performed X % and the ATI one Y % better or worse.
It really does sound confusing, but when you have a look at the graphs you should have a better understanding. Today what we want to find out is which driver is better when comparing the same driver version to its Windows Vista counterpart.
Questions we intend to answer include the following. Does ForceWare perform better in Vista or Windows 7? Does Catalyst perform better in Vista or Windows 7? Which driver gives us more positive gains overall?
Like our VGA performance test earlier this week, there isn't much else to say. We'll jump forward to the test setup to find out exactly what's going on and we'll also see what cards we're using before we get into our benchmark results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity