Today FPS doesn't matter! We'll, that's not true, but what we intend to find out is when it comes to graphics card drivers under Windows 7, who does a better job? The problem is that there's no graphics card that performs exactly the same when it comes to testing an ATI based one and an NVIDIA one.
What this means is that instead of saying that the NVIDIA card we used today scored X FPS and the ATI card scored Y FPS in the different operating systems, we'll be saying that the NVIDIA card performed X % and the ATI one Y % better or worse.
It really does sound confusing, but when you have a look at the graphs you should have a better understanding. Today what we want to find out is which driver is better when comparing the same driver version to its Windows Vista counterpart.
Questions we intend to answer include the following. Does ForceWare perform better in Vista or Windows 7? Does Catalyst perform better in Vista or Windows 7? Which driver gives us more positive gains overall?
Like our VGA performance test earlier this week, there isn't much else to say. We'll jump forward to the test setup to find out exactly what's going on and we'll also see what cards we're using before we get into our benchmark results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4