As we wind our way near to the completion of the tour, after all the testing stages are complete and the different types of memory modules are given the final seal of approval and hence ready for consumer level usage, all the sticks of memory are stacked in trays like you can see in the following picture, waiting to be shipped out to customers. I would have loved to just take home one of those trays, but anyway.
We aren't finished quite yet though...While walking around the factory, toward the very end of the tour, I noticed a stick of memory (shock horror) lying around by its lonesome, but with a difference - The PCB was actually yellow in color. Curious as to why this was the case, I asked a near by Kingmax staff member for some answers. Their response was somewhat vague but basically said that the yellow PCB symbolizes they are for the Chinese market only.
Kingmax let us into a few extra surprises during the tour which they have in store for the in the not-so-distant future, but I am restricted in exactly what I can say right now...Let's just say enthusiasts will be very pleased with the new features, case modders in particular, more so.
That concludes our tour of the Kingmax and Kingpak fabs - I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Ken and Mos from Kingmax for making the tours possible, your hospitality was much appreciated and the tours were most enjoyable.
Back we go to down town Taipei!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 2 [Inside Kingpak]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 3 [Inside Kingpak Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 4 [Inside Kingmax]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 5 [Inside Kingmax Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 6 [Inside Kingmax Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now