Inside Kingmax Continued
Once the memory has passed this test, it then moves onto the next round of testing. Half of the factory was dedicated to the final testing of the memory and the rest of left for packing and shipping the memory - It's good to see Kingmax consider the testing and quality side of the product so high. There were easy, roughly counting, 50 test beds setup which ran continuous tests of the memory before it is given the final seal of approval and finally sent of for packing and shipping.
It was interesting to note that only ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards (with Pentium 3 and Pentium 4 processors) were used for testing, along with what appeared to be Senfu DIY housing kits - the ultimate dust collectors, in my opinion.
Coincidence or not, it may be interesting to speculate if these brands were chosen because one motherboard manufacturer is known for their speedy performance (ASUS) and the other motherboard manufacturer being known for their super stability (Gigabyte) - Maybe this was on purpose to test certain sticks to see how they would handle certain conditions (fast or stable) or maybe it was just coincidence, which I'm tipping it was.
I also couldn't help but noticing a piece of paper on one of the motherboards (it was an ASUS board - I was unable to see what chipset or model it was) which was labeled "DDR-400 Pass" with a picture of what I can only assume was a thumbs up logo. If this was indeed the case, it proves DDR-400 is not far around the corner, at least as far as memory support goes from Kingmax. However, during Computex, many companies told us the KT400 chipset from VIA wouldn't be around until at least August and maybe even as far away as October. Several motherboard manufacturers have also told us they are currently in the process of testing the SiS 648 chipset based motherboards which bring DDR-400 support to the Pentium 4 platform - We believe motherboards based on these chipsets will be released before the KT400, only time will tell though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 2 [Inside Kingpak]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 3 [Inside Kingpak Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 4 [Inside Kingmax]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 5 [Inside Kingmax Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 6 [Inside Kingmax Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Fallout 4 1.3 update improves draw distance on PS4, Xbox One
- Surprise! Final Fantasy IX available on iOS and Android right now
- Telstra apologises for service outage, offers free data for one day
- Get acquainted to a dangerous world in Far Cry Primal's newest trailer
- Console gamers can scale The Division's visuals to boost frame rates
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance