The Man Behind The Magic
"Pure science is magic. It is magic. The stuff we do today - magic." - Woody Norris
For his forty-forth patent and fifteenth invention, Woody Norris has brought to the world "HyperSonic Sound". But first let's hear a little about the man behind the forty-four patents and fifteen inventions.
Woody Norris was born in Barrelville, Maryland, with both parents lacking any university education.
Woody's electronic knowledge is basically self taught. He received six months of air force training in electronics and begged local people for their old radios, of which he accumulated many and fixed nearly every one of them.
"You know how some people can play the piano, they just pick out notes? I've always had that ability with electronics and I know rudimentary things about circuits just intuitively." - Woody Norris
After making an application to a local Hi-Fi store that was not answered quickly enough, Woody decided to join the air force and after doing very well on an aptitude test was stationed in a secret base in the United States to begin his career.
"I hated it. I hated the Air Force. I wasn't making any money." - Woody Norris
After four years of working his way up to Airman Second Class ("about as low as you can get"), he got a job at the University of Washington fixing electronic equipment.
"I was making four hundred bucks a month, which was terrible at the time. But because I worked for the university, I could take classes for free. So I just took one during the day and then as many evening classes as I wanted for free. So I was having a heyday. I had a little old English Riley car that you cranked to start." - Woody Norris
Woody was soon after approached by a Salt Lake City company who wanted him to invent a sonar version of radar that could listen inside the human body. This was one of the contracts that aided the master inventor in getting his career off and running, after which time he had the facilities that he needed to continue his inventing and from which to launch himself and his career.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact