Western Digital was able to improve on their original 2TB consumer drive and produced an enterprise drive that is packed full of advanced technology that improves the performance for the enterprise market. As we saw today the RE4-GP really shines when used in RAID 0, but due to the large amount of data that would be put on the line I would suggest RAID 5 with three or more drives or RAID 10 with four drives.
As you can imagine, that could get pretty expensive since each drive is going to cost you right around 320 Dollars each. I would like to have been able to find the drive at Newegg or some of the other low cost e-tailers, but was unable to at this stage. I have to wonder what the price would have been from one of these sellers.
When it comes to mega storage for your database, web server, NAS server or just your supped up desktop, the Western Digital RE4-GP will deliver your data quickly, but there are other drives on the market that are just as fast.
Western Digital is still holding the 2TB drives under the green flag and the drives do live up to their designation. The drive runs cool and consumes less power than others in its class.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [OEM Packaging and the Western Digital RE4-GP]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch before the Note8
- Destiny 2 screenshots revealed
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software