Processors: AMD Opteron 2356 (2.3GHz Quad-Core) x2
Motherboard: Tyan S2915-E (Supplied by Tyan)
Memory: Kingston KVR667D2S4P5/2G x4 (Supplied by Kingston)
Graphics Card: XFX 8800 GTX (Supplied by XFX USA)
Enclosure: Lian Li V2000
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12DO (Supplied by Noctua)
SATA Controller: Areca ARC-1231ML (Supplied by Areca)
SAS Controller: Areca ARC-1680i (Supplied by Areca)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate X64
Today we will be testing the Western Digital RE4-GP in both single drive and two drive (RAID 0) form on an Areca ARC-1231ML. Areca makes some of the highest performing RAID controllers on the market and they allow hard drives to show their full potential.
All of the drives tested were performed on the listed system under identical conditions to ensure true apples to apples performance results for comparison.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
* Western Digital RE4-GP Single Drive
* Western Digital RE4-GP Pair in RAID 0
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [OEM Packaging and the Western Digital RE4-GP]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Xiaomi to release their own processor - Pinecone
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league