Abit LAN Party!
When the conferences and tours were over, we were led up to Abit's bar for a night of LAN gaming and pizza! After stuffing our faces with as much pizza and beer we could get our hands on, we decided it was time to fire up a game of Jedi Knight 2 and later on, Quake 3 Arena.
The computers that were set up especially for the LAN party were nothing short of amazing. There were two separate "teams" located at opposite ends of the room: the light side, and the dark side. The dark side consisted of top-of-the-range Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz processors running on Abit IT7 MAX motherboards with Abit Siluro Ti4400 graphics cards. These were housed in black Lian-Li enclosures that even come with pre-installed window kits. The light side, on the other hand, consisted of systems running AMD AthlonXP 2100+ processors running on Abit AT7 MAX motherboards with Abit Siluro Ti4400 graphics cards, this time in silver Lian-Li cases. All systems had ultra sharp Neovo LCD monitors and were either equipped with corded or cordless Logitech optical mice. Note to self: never use a cordless mouse for gaming again.
Soon enough, everyone was in the gaming mood and the beer was flowing. The first picture below shows Stewart from The DDR Zone using the force, or at least trying to ;). The second picture is Andrew from Legion Hardware falling asleep at his keyboard - fragging gets tiring you know! The final picture is me (left) and Lyle Wagner, Abit marketing specialist (right) fighting to destroy the evil that is the dark side.
Cameron and I were doing TweakTown proud in the Jedi Knight II games, but as anyone who was there will tell you, we were absolutely demolished by the Legion Hardware guys in Quake 3 Arena - good work Steve!
At about 1am we decided that it was time to call it a night, hopped into a cab and headed back to our hotel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 2 [A Tour of Abit's R&D Facilities]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 3 [A Chat with Abit Engineers]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio