As mentioned in our Day 4 coverage of Computex, last night Cameron and I, along with many other editors headed up to Abit HQ for Abit's "Editor's Night". The night was in the theme of the FIFA World Cup that is currently taking place in Korea and thus, soccer balls and posters were plastered everywhere - Even Abit staff were wearing Abit football jerseys.
Mostly web media attended the event. These included Steven and Andrew from Legion Hardware, Kyle from HardOCP, Scott from The Tech Report, Lars from Tom's Hardware, Stewart from The DDR Zone, Anna from Xbit Labs and other representatives from various print media.
This was one of the more enjoyable nights of Computex. It started with a 20 minute bus trip from the Computex show floor to Abit HQ and once there, we were split up into groups and then headed into conference rooms where we got the chance to ask Abit engineers any technical questions we had. We were also given an interesting tour of Abit's R&D facilities - the area where they test and research all of their latest products and compare them to the competition. Before I continue, i'd just like to comment on how stylish the Abit building really is. I would have to say that this is one of the, if not the best building i've seen so far in Taipei. It comes complete with a cafe, bar, gym, restaurant... you name it! It even has a talking elevator! (too bad I can't speak Chinese). The building itself is located in what is sometimes called Taipei's "Silicon Valley", and it is also where many companies are moving their headquarters to in the near future.
Instead of doing show floor coverage again today, we thought we'd write up a small article about the night as we've already covered all of the interesting booths and products we've come across in our past four days of coverage. Read on to find out exactly what we got up to at Abit HQ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 2 [A Tour of Abit's R&D Facilities]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 3 [A Chat with Abit Engineers]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni