As mentioned in our Day 4 coverage of Computex, last night Cameron and I, along with many other editors headed up to Abit HQ for Abit's "Editor's Night". The night was in the theme of the FIFA World Cup that is currently taking place in Korea and thus, soccer balls and posters were plastered everywhere - Even Abit staff were wearing Abit football jerseys.
Mostly web media attended the event. These included Steven and Andrew from Legion Hardware, Kyle from HardOCP, Scott from The Tech Report, Lars from Tom's Hardware, Stewart from The DDR Zone, Anna from Xbit Labs and other representatives from various print media.
This was one of the more enjoyable nights of Computex. It started with a 20 minute bus trip from the Computex show floor to Abit HQ and once there, we were split up into groups and then headed into conference rooms where we got the chance to ask Abit engineers any technical questions we had. We were also given an interesting tour of Abit's R&D facilities - the area where they test and research all of their latest products and compare them to the competition. Before I continue, i'd just like to comment on how stylish the Abit building really is. I would have to say that this is one of the, if not the best building i've seen so far in Taipei. It comes complete with a cafe, bar, gym, restaurant... you name it! It even has a talking elevator! (too bad I can't speak Chinese). The building itself is located in what is sometimes called Taipei's "Silicon Valley", and it is also where many companies are moving their headquarters to in the near future.
Instead of doing show floor coverage again today, we thought we'd write up a small article about the night as we've already covered all of the interesting booths and products we've come across in our past four days of coverage. Read on to find out exactly what we got up to at Abit HQ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 2 [A Tour of Abit's R&D Facilities]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 3 [A Chat with Abit Engineers]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Xiaomi to release their own processor - Pinecone
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 images leak ahead of launch at MWC
- Qualcomm leads 5G tech race, multi-Gbps speeds are close
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X20 LTE modem, up to 1.2Gbps
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league