Headsets and Wireless Technology
Wireless technology, while certainly not being a new technology on its own, this year has managed to find some fresh legs in the audio realm.
Early in the year I took a look at a product from ASUS that takes the wireless premise to new heights.
What I found was very interesting indeed. While initially I felt the potential for top notch audio to be received 'wirelessly' to be quite limited due to the inherent nature of the technology, I was later surprised when I found that the signal being sent out of my system's USB port to the wireless headphones was indeed a quality one which had managed to capture quite a lot of the original signal and broadcast it out around my home.
For me personally this came as a surprise as I was not expecting wireless to carry over to the audio realm with much efficiency at all. But instead we now have a product that can accomplish this feat and quite well, too.
In a world that has become 'wirelessly de-sensitized', meaning we almost expect to see it nowadays, I think there will be a steady demand for more wireless gaming solutions and more wireless headsets to accommodate them.
So where does this latest development leave wireless technology? Well, in the audio sector at least I feel it has a place and even a future. While it will never be called 'audiophile', that doesn't mean it cannot continue to be useful as a technology for the masses.
Further Reading: Read and find more Audio, Sound & Speakers content at our Audio, Sound & Speakers reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- Samsung provides YouTube stream for its Galaxy S6 launch event
- Swedish professional CS:GO player Joel "emilio" Mako admits cheating
- Wax on, wax off, charge your products in your 'alone time' - Wankband
- EA talks Battlefield Hardline, says BF4 launch was 'less than stellar'
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- "All core" setting in firmware causes immediate system crash.
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse