Ever since former ABIT employee Scott Thirwell moved over to DFI, their vocus has almost moved completely from the OEM market to the enthusiast market. All of their recent motherboards feature plenty of BIOS overclocking adjustments and their board layout and package contents have become much more enthusiast-friendly.
DFI were lucky enough to have the first and only working ClawHammer sample we have seen so far at Computex. All of the others were non-working mechanical samples brought in just for the show. Unfortunately, we could not persuade DFI into letting us "borrow" the CPU for benchmarking, so we took a picture instead.
DFI had both 850E and SiS648 Pentium 4 motherboards on display at their booth. The SiS648 board (NS80) features AGP 8x, 6-channel audio, 10/100 LAN and six USB 2.0 ports, while the slightly plainer 850E board (NT72) features 1066 RDRAM support, 10/100 LAN, AC97 audio, AGP 4x and ATA100 support.
Like most of the motherboard manufacturers at Computex, DFI had an AMD 8151 based ClawHammer motherboard on display, called the HA80. It features both ATA133 and SerialATA, IEEE1394 ports, 6-channel audio and DDR333 support.
As well as an AMD chipset based ClawHammer board, DFI had their VIA K8HT ClawHammer motherboard on display as well, called the HK80. The board includes all of the same features as the HA80, so it will be very interesting to see which chipset is the better of the two.
DFI also had a Serial ATA hard drive on display at their stand. This is the same model as the drives we have seen at the other motherboard manufacturer's booths and as you can see from the images below, the drive has been manufactured by Fujitsu. Now that SerialATA boards have been released, it won't be long before hard drive manufacturers follow suit with SerialATA hard drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives