What motherboard coverage would be complete without a mention of Asus. Asus had a variety of demo systems on display as well as notebooks, motherboards, video cards and even a SerialATA demo. Their SerialATA drive was connected to a KT400 motherboard and was running through a 3DMark2001 SE demo. The demo was running quite smoothly, but no benchmark scores or comparisons are available at this time to see exactly how much better SerialATA is over ATA133.
Asus were also displaying their range of GeForce4 video cards. One thing that impressed me about them was that Asus have decided to ship their cards with copper coolers now. This will be great for overclockers and it certainly justifies the extra cash you'd have to fork out for an Asus card.
Motherboard-wise, Asus had both their AMD 8151 (K8M) and KT400 (A7V8x) boards on display. The A7V8X features AGP 8x, DDR400, SerialATA, USB 2.0, 6-channel audio, onboard 10/100 Ethernet and IEEE1294 ports. The K8M features AGP 8x, dual-channel DDR, SerialATA, USB 2.0, integrated 10/100 Ethernet and IEEE1394 ports.
Asus were also displaying their 850E motherboard, the P4T533. It features 4200/3200 32-bit RAMBUS support, USB 2.0 (NEC controller), 6-channel audio, ATA133 RAID and an onboard 10/100 Ethernet port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook