What motherboard coverage would be complete without a mention of Asus. Asus had a variety of demo systems on display as well as notebooks, motherboards, video cards and even a SerialATA demo. Their SerialATA drive was connected to a KT400 motherboard and was running through a 3DMark2001 SE demo. The demo was running quite smoothly, but no benchmark scores or comparisons are available at this time to see exactly how much better SerialATA is over ATA133.
Asus were also displaying their range of GeForce4 video cards. One thing that impressed me about them was that Asus have decided to ship their cards with copper coolers now. This will be great for overclockers and it certainly justifies the extra cash you'd have to fork out for an Asus card.
Motherboard-wise, Asus had both their AMD 8151 (K8M) and KT400 (A7V8x) boards on display. The A7V8X features AGP 8x, DDR400, SerialATA, USB 2.0, 6-channel audio, onboard 10/100 Ethernet and IEEE1294 ports. The K8M features AGP 8x, dual-channel DDR, SerialATA, USB 2.0, integrated 10/100 Ethernet and IEEE1394 ports.
Asus were also displaying their 850E motherboard, the P4T533. It features 4200/3200 32-bit RAMBUS support, USB 2.0 (NEC controller), 6-channel audio, ATA133 RAID and an onboard 10/100 Ethernet port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications