What motherboard coverage would be complete without a mention of Asus. Asus had a variety of demo systems on display as well as notebooks, motherboards, video cards and even a SerialATA demo. Their SerialATA drive was connected to a KT400 motherboard and was running through a 3DMark2001 SE demo. The demo was running quite smoothly, but no benchmark scores or comparisons are available at this time to see exactly how much better SerialATA is over ATA133.
Asus were also displaying their range of GeForce4 video cards. One thing that impressed me about them was that Asus have decided to ship their cards with copper coolers now. This will be great for overclockers and it certainly justifies the extra cash you'd have to fork out for an Asus card.
Motherboard-wise, Asus had both their AMD 8151 (K8M) and KT400 (A7V8x) boards on display. The A7V8X features AGP 8x, DDR400, SerialATA, USB 2.0, 6-channel audio, onboard 10/100 Ethernet and IEEE1294 ports. The K8M features AGP 8x, dual-channel DDR, SerialATA, USB 2.0, integrated 10/100 Ethernet and IEEE1394 ports.
Asus were also displaying their 850E motherboard, the P4T533. It features 4200/3200 32-bit RAMBUS support, USB 2.0 (NEC controller), 6-channel audio, ATA133 RAID and an onboard 10/100 Ethernet port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design