AMD had possibly the largest stand we've seen so far at the show. They were displaying all sorts of products ranging from their partner's AMD-based motherboards, to notebooks, to quad opteron machines. Much of what was displayed at AMD's stand has already been discussed in our day 1 coverage of the AMD Press Conference, however, there were a few interesting things at AMD's stand that i'd like to tell you about.
Hidden away in the corner of AMD's booth amongst the KT333 and Hammer motherboards was a reference board based on the KT400 chipset. VIA have kept quiet about the KT400 chipset throughout the show and with the Hammer coming pretty soon, nobody really knows how successful the KT400 will be as it is essentially just the KT333 chipset with DDR400 support.
For some time now all mobile Athlon processors have kept the rather large Socket A packaging. This has meant that Athlon notebooks are quite a bit larger than those based on Intel processors and various other competing products. Also at their stand, AMD was displaying an early sample of a uPGA Athlon processor in a VIA KN266-based motherboard. This is a big step in the right direction for AMD and it will certainly be nice to see smaller AMD-based notebooks in the future.
AMD also had a variety of Hammer-based motherboards on display at their stand. These were reference boards from VIA and ALi, as well as early retail samples from FIC, MSI and Gigabyte. As mentioned earlier, these will most likely be non-working samples as Hammer CPUs aren't yet readily available for manufacturers to thoroughly test their boards with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break to receive Xbox One X enhancements
- Xbox One X trade-in offer revealed
- PlayerUnknown: we want PC version of PUBG on Xbox
- Xbox One X pre-orders available now
- 100 games will be enhanced on Xbox One X
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect