Cameron - Do you plan to release a DDR-II product and what can you tell us about it?
Joe - Yes, but currently we still want to focus our products on DDR-I and make a higher speed product before DDR-II comes in. Maybe the timing for DDR-II is out we won't release so early, maybe to the second part of next year or maybe even later to allow for the process [technology] to improve. The DDR-I speed can still go higher maybe 400Mhz - 500MHz or even more.
Cameron - What are Kingmax going to do to propel your company ahead of the competition in future years?
Joe - Kingmax are always driving new products into the market first, one step ahead of the competition, so we always push ourselves to get our products out first by using our advanced BGA packaging technology.
Cameron - Will Kingmax to continue to endorse overclocking?
Joe - Yes, but we can't warrant it.
Cameron - Being the first memory company to come out with DDR-333 it was a great achievement for Kingmax. VIA Technologies has started to introduce their "Recommended" DDR memory list" for their range of chipsets. Is Kingmax endeavouring to get their memory onto this list and if so, how will you achieve it?
Joe - When we develope our DDR products we are always working with the CPU company and the chipset company especially Taiwanese companies like VIA, SiS, Ali we always work them to make sure our products work well with their chipset.
Cameron - Do you plan on making memory for graphics cards?
Joe - OK... When we look at a company like nVidia and ATi they come how with very high speed graphics cards. Since they support DDR 400MHz, 500Mhz even 600MHz at times the packaging technology has become very critical, so they need BGA packaging instead of traditional packaging so Kingmax can provide this memory to graphics card companies. [Cameron] You have been or you will be supplying memory? [Joe]We are already working on that... [Cameron] OK. [Joe] It's very high speed.
Pictured above on the left is Mr Joe Liu and myself - Thanks for photo Ken
Cameron - While on the topic of graphics card, do Kingmax intend on making your own line of graphics cards now or in the future?
Joe - No no no... We will not get involved in this business. We try to focus on our core - memory products.
Cameron - Since Intel has introduced its new Pentium 4 processor running on a 533Mhz FSB effectively delivering a maximum of 4.2gb/s of bandwidth and while DDR-400 can support 3.2gb/s maximum theoretical bandwidth (which is still an amazing figure), what is Kingmax¡¦s next leap as far as memory speed is concerned?
Joe - Let me with my engineer and I'll get back to you.
Cameron - You have in the past produced RDRAM memory, are you considering support the new PC1066 standards from Intel?
Joe - Yeah, we are still working on this product since Intel have pushed us to come out with this product. [Cameron] Intel have been pushing you? [Joe] Yeah... [Cameron] OK...... [Joe] They tried to persuade Kingmax to produce a product for this market. [Cameron] Tried to presuade you? [Joe] Yeah.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Wikimedia Foundation to begin annual year-end contribution campaign
- Top Colliegate Gamer in the World, Michael 'Cartoonz' Hogman, Challenges Gamers to Beat Him in an Accuracy Skill-test Brought to You by ASUS and Intel
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is out now on Xbox One
- Cooler Master Announces MasterGel Maker Thermal Compound
- Cooler Master Also Announces CM Storm Sentinel Palm Grip Gaming Mouse