Like the HD 4890, we see a good boost in performance thanks to the overclock we've achieved here. While we know that companies out there won't push the cards this high, we should see some companies who like to live on the edge give us a core of around 700MHz and a memory clock around 2400MHz DDR.
Over the next few weeks it's going to be interesting to see what both sides do when it comes to overclocked models. No doubt ATI will be able to close the gap between the HD 4890 and GTX 275 with some overclocked models, but at the same time we don't doubt that NVIDIA aren't going to sit back and not try to extend the lead they have by pushing their clock speeds north.
At the end of it all, we can see that the GTX 275 offers some good potential when it comes to overclocking. While the task might take slightly longer than ATI offerings due to 3rd party software needing to be installed, it really is nothing for the results that can be obtained in doing so.
The one thing to remember, though, is just because we achieved these clocks today it doesn't mean you will; some cards might not go as high, while others might choose to go even higher.
Like the HD 4890, the GTX 275 extends the value the card offers by giving us a decent overclock. The best thing about this is that in a few of our tests we saw that the overclock helped make the difference between the game running silky smooth by passing that 30 FPS barrier and not.
Overall, a great card that shows serious overclocking potential. If you want to save some dollars and get some extra performance, buy a stock clocked model and overclock yourself. A card like the Gainward we used today is a particularly great option thanks to the aftermarket cooling on tap.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched