Like the HD 4890, we see a good boost in performance thanks to the overclock we've achieved here. While we know that companies out there won't push the cards this high, we should see some companies who like to live on the edge give us a core of around 700MHz and a memory clock around 2400MHz DDR.
Over the next few weeks it's going to be interesting to see what both sides do when it comes to overclocked models. No doubt ATI will be able to close the gap between the HD 4890 and GTX 275 with some overclocked models, but at the same time we don't doubt that NVIDIA aren't going to sit back and not try to extend the lead they have by pushing their clock speeds north.
At the end of it all, we can see that the GTX 275 offers some good potential when it comes to overclocking. While the task might take slightly longer than ATI offerings due to 3rd party software needing to be installed, it really is nothing for the results that can be obtained in doing so.
The one thing to remember, though, is just because we achieved these clocks today it doesn't mean you will; some cards might not go as high, while others might choose to go even higher.
Like the HD 4890, the GTX 275 extends the value the card offers by giving us a decent overclock. The best thing about this is that in a few of our tests we saw that the overclock helped make the difference between the game running silky smooth by passing that 30 FPS barrier and not.
Overall, a great card that shows serious overclocking potential. If you want to save some dollars and get some extra performance, buy a stock clocked model and overclock yourself. A card like the Gainward we used today is a particularly great option thanks to the aftermarket cooling on tap.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood