Like the HD 4890, we see a good boost in performance thanks to the overclock we've achieved here. While we know that companies out there won't push the cards this high, we should see some companies who like to live on the edge give us a core of around 700MHz and a memory clock around 2400MHz DDR.
Over the next few weeks it's going to be interesting to see what both sides do when it comes to overclocked models. No doubt ATI will be able to close the gap between the HD 4890 and GTX 275 with some overclocked models, but at the same time we don't doubt that NVIDIA aren't going to sit back and not try to extend the lead they have by pushing their clock speeds north.
At the end of it all, we can see that the GTX 275 offers some good potential when it comes to overclocking. While the task might take slightly longer than ATI offerings due to 3rd party software needing to be installed, it really is nothing for the results that can be obtained in doing so.
The one thing to remember, though, is just because we achieved these clocks today it doesn't mean you will; some cards might not go as high, while others might choose to go even higher.
Like the HD 4890, the GTX 275 extends the value the card offers by giving us a decent overclock. The best thing about this is that in a few of our tests we saw that the overclock helped make the difference between the game running silky smooth by passing that 30 FPS barrier and not.
Overall, a great card that shows serious overclocking potential. If you want to save some dollars and get some extra performance, buy a stock clocked model and overclock yourself. A card like the Gainward we used today is a particularly great option thanks to the aftermarket cooling on tap.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni