Altec Lansing 2100 - The Baby
The last speaker system in the round up is the Altec Lansing 2100, the baby of the group. This 2.1 speaker system is fairly similar to the 4100's minus the surround sound and compared to the other speaker systems in this group, a lowly 50 watts of total system power, compared to 200 watts of the 621's, the only other non-surround sound speaker system in this roundup.
The sub of the 2100's is similar to the 4100's although being the baby of the group; it only has two 4" long-throw woofers measuring in at a small size of 6.5" by 13.5". While it can deliver fairly decent bass, as we begin to increase the volume the sound quality lessons quite significantly and becomes "tinny" and almost weak-sounding. The 2100's also lack an AUX jack which enables you to use the speaker system on other entertainment devices besides your PC; all of the other speaker systems included an AUX jack besides this one.
The included controller with the 2100 is the exact same as the 621's controller, we only have the option for volume control. Bass adjustments can be changed on the back of the subwoofer; again I would have liked to see bass adjustments being able to be made from the controller.
The sound quality and clarity of the 2100 is much poorer than any other speaker system in the roundup, you get what you pay for and compared to the other speaker systems, you aren't paying a great deal for these at around $240 AU. We give the Altec Lansing 2100 speaker system a rating of 6.5 out of 10. I wasn't terrible impressed with this speaker system, although it does carry a much more affordable price tag than all the other speaker systems we've taken a look at today which could be an attraction for some.
Compact and Sleek
Not Very Powerful
Lacks Surround Sound
No AUX Jack
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now