Altec Lansing 2100 - The Baby
The last speaker system in the round up is the Altec Lansing 2100, the baby of the group. This 2.1 speaker system is fairly similar to the 4100's minus the surround sound and compared to the other speaker systems in this group, a lowly 50 watts of total system power, compared to 200 watts of the 621's, the only other non-surround sound speaker system in this roundup.
The sub of the 2100's is similar to the 4100's although being the baby of the group; it only has two 4" long-throw woofers measuring in at a small size of 6.5" by 13.5". While it can deliver fairly decent bass, as we begin to increase the volume the sound quality lessons quite significantly and becomes "tinny" and almost weak-sounding. The 2100's also lack an AUX jack which enables you to use the speaker system on other entertainment devices besides your PC; all of the other speaker systems included an AUX jack besides this one.
The included controller with the 2100 is the exact same as the 621's controller, we only have the option for volume control. Bass adjustments can be changed on the back of the subwoofer; again I would have liked to see bass adjustments being able to be made from the controller.
The sound quality and clarity of the 2100 is much poorer than any other speaker system in the roundup, you get what you pay for and compared to the other speaker systems, you aren't paying a great deal for these at around $240 AU. We give the Altec Lansing 2100 speaker system a rating of 6.5 out of 10. I wasn't terrible impressed with this speaker system, although it does carry a much more affordable price tag than all the other speaker systems we've taken a look at today which could be an attraction for some.
Compact and Sleek
Not Very Powerful
Lacks Surround Sound
No AUX Jack
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99